Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > Speed and portability of XML parsers

Speed and portability of XML parsers

Nikhil

Hi,

Does anybody knows faster parsers than C - RXP in validating category
and Expat in non-validating category?

Are both of them (or their faster ones) portable in Mac OS X?

Thanks,

Nikhil

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=FCrgen_Kahrs?=

Nikhil wrote:

> Does anybody knows faster parsers than C - RXP in validating category
> and Expat in non-validating category?

In the XMLgawk project, we also use Expat.
Expat really is fast and portable.

> Are both of them (or their faster ones) portable in Mac OS X?

We had no problems in using Expat with MacOSX.

Richard Tobin

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
Nikhil <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Does anybody knows faster parsers than C - RXP in validating category
>and Expat in non-validating category?
>
>Are both of them (or their faster ones) portable in Mac OS X?

RXP compiles on MacOS X without problems.

-- Richard