Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > XML Validation help.

XML Validation help.

Lobbo1@aol.com

Hi, im fairly new to XML and need a bit of help. I have made a XML file
which is my CV. Id like to share with you the XML and DTD files to
figure out why it isnt working.
(NB - I can only give the lines relivant due to the document containing
alot of personal information)

This is the XML file:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE CV SYSTEM "CV.dtd">
<details>
<personal_details>

This is the DTD:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!ELEMENT details
(personal_details,education,work_experience,intere sts,skills,extra_info,references)>
<!ELEMENT personal_details (name,address,phone_no,email,DOB)>

...and this is the error message I am recieving:
A name contained an invalid character. Error processing resource
'file:///C:/Documents and Settings/Rob.ROB-COMP/Desktop/XML-CV/CV.xml'.
Line 4, Position 26

<personal_details>

I hope someone can help me with this.

Thanks,