Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > How to refer to specific records in XML using a URI?

How to refer to specific records in XML using a URI?

pHaze

Lets say I have an XML document that contains 20 <widget>'s. I'd like
to refer to a specific widget in that document from a non-XML document
using fragments. Is the following supported:

http://www.example.com/widgets.xml#widget16

Thanks,

Mark.

commercial

check availability of your url.

that should explain it.

"pHaze" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Lets say I have an XML document that contains 20 <widget>'s. I'd like
> to refer to a specific widget in that document from a non-XML document
> using fragments. Is the following supported:
>
> http://www.example.com/widgets.xml#widget16
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mark.

Martin Honnen

pHaze wrote:

> Lets say I have an XML document that contains 20 <widget>'s. I'd like
> to refer to a specific widget in that document from a non-XML document
> using fragments. Is the following supported:
>
> http://www.example.com/widgets.xml#widget16

XPointer should allow that, see
<http://www.w3.org/TR/xptr-framework/>
<http://www.w3.org/TR/xptr-element/>