Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > XSLT processor with a cache mechanism for Linux?

XSLT processor with a cache mechanism for Linux?

Vincent Lefevre

Under Linux, I currently use xsltproc (libxslt), but it is awfully
slow and takes a lot of memory (e.g. more than 100 MB) when using
many XML files with a large DTD (e.g. DocBook): With my DTD (based
on DocBook + MathML), each time a XML file is read, xsltproc spends
1 second parsing its DTD, and I end up losing a factor 100 due to
that.

I now use fake DTDs (by providing a special catalog), which just
define the entities I need, so that XSLT processing is much faster
and takes a reasonable amount of memory. But this hack is really
dirty, and it may lead to problems in the future.

Does anyone know a free XSLT processor that runs under Linux and
implements a good cache mechanism for the DTDs?

TIA,

--
Vincent Lefèvre <(E-Mail Removed)> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/>