Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > XML in chatting software

XML in chatting software

Sameer

Hello,
I am new to XML and I want to know how can I improve my Chatting
software written in Java using XML? In chatting software there is a lot
of data transfer along with formatting infomation. It is suggested to
me that using XML I may do it easily.
How to proceed?
-Sameer

Malte

Sameer wrote:
> Hello,
> I am new to XML and I want to know how can I improve my Chatting
> software written in Java using XML? In chatting software there is a lot
> of data transfer along with formatting infomation. It is suggested to
> me that using XML I may do it easily.
> How to proceed?
> -Sameer

Begin here:

http://www.w3.org/XML/

Tjerk Wolterink

Malte wrote:
> Sameer wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> I am new to XML and I want to know how can I improve my Chatting
>> software written in Java using XML? In chatting software there is a lot
>> of data transfer along with formatting infomation. It is suggested to
>> me that using XML I may do it easily.
>> How to proceed?
>> -Sameer
>>

> Begin here:
>

> http://www.w3.org/XML/

no far to technical,

i would begin here:

http://java.sun.com/xml/jaxp/dist/1....iew/index.html

Peter Flynn

Tjerk Wolterink wrote:

> Malte wrote:
>> Sameer wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>> I am new to XML and I want to know how can I improve my Chatting
>>> software written in Java using XML? In chatting software there is a lot
>>> of data transfer along with formatting infomation. It is suggested to
>>> me that using XML I may do it easily.
>>> How to proceed?
>>> -Sameer
>>>

>> Begin here:
>>

>> http://www.w3.org/XML/

> no far to technical,

Er, XML is a technical subject. If you can't handle technical, you probably
shouldn't be trying to use XML.

> i would begin here:
>
> http://java.sun.com/xml/jaxp/dist/1....iew/index.html

Look also at GAIM, which already uses XML for its internal messaging.

///Peter
&;top"

Use of JTextPane in Chatting Application Sameer Java 6 09-05-2005 11:45 AM
XML in chatting software Sameer Shinde via JavaKB.com Java 1 05-06-2005 03:37 PM
XML in chatting software Sameer Java 1 03-30-2005 09:53 AM
About Polling Chat Server (Personal Chatting) Sameer Java 0 02-13-2005 05:27 PM
best way to do some sort of a chatting between two hosts Sunil Java 1 02-09-2004 08:04 AM

Advertisments