Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > XSLT 4 columns problem!

XSLT 4 columns problem!

Gunne

I need to divide my XML data into 4 columns. The LinkCategory name
need to be shown as header and then the LinkName(s) that belong to the
LinkCategory underneath.

Please help me with an XSLT example!

The output should look something like this:
1-4-7-10
2-5-8-11
3-6-9-12

MY XML
-----------------
<Root GuideName="mugo" >
<LinkCategory Name="miver1" >
<Link LinkName="test1" LinkUrl="">
<Icon></Icon>
</Link>
<Link LinkName="test2" LinkUrl="">
<Icon></Icon>
</Link>
</LinkCategory>
<LinkCategory Name="miver2" >
<Link LinkName="test1" LinkUrl="">
<Icon></Icon>
</Link>
</LinkCategory>
</Root>
-----------------
End of my XML

Hope somebody will be able to help me out!

Gunne

Sorry if i was unclear..

"miver1" is a link group header and underneath i want to list the
links that belongs to the category, in this case link "test1" and
"test2".

There might be a lot of link groups and i need to divide the link
groups in to my 4 columns design. There might be a problem with some
white space in some of the columns but that doesn't matter because the
adminuser will be able to move around on the order of the categories
my administration system.

This is basically what i want:

http://www.gface.dk/xslt4cols.jpg

Hope you will be able to help me out!

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Gunne) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> I need to divide my XML data into 4 columns. The LinkCategory name
> need to be shown as header and then the LinkName(s) that belong to the
> LinkCategory underneath.
>
> Please help me with an XSLT example!
>
> The output should look something like this:
> 1-4-7-10
> 2-5-8-11
> 3-6-9-12
>
> MY XML
> -----------------
> <Root GuideName="mugo" >
> <LinkCategory Name="miver1" >
> <Link LinkName="test1" LinkUrl="">
> <Icon></Icon>
> </Link>
> <Link LinkName="test2" LinkUrl="">
> <Icon></Icon>
> </Link>
> </LinkCategory>
> <LinkCategory Name="miver2" >
> <Link LinkName="test1" LinkUrl="">
> <Icon></Icon>
> </Link>
> </LinkCategory>
> </Root>
> End of my XML
>
> Hope somebody will be able to help me out!

Gunne

Forgot one more thing i control my columns using div's like this so
no answers using tables please!