Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > New to XML : What is XML Application ?

New to XML : What is XML Application ?

Krist

Hi All,

While XML has been around for log time, so far I know XML mostly as
configuration file and other 'low-level' application.

Could anybody here please give me example / cases of business
application that make use of XML ?
ANy docs/PDF/ URL on this ?

Thank you for your help,
Krist

Dr. Roger Wie▀ner

XML is a language to ┤mark up┤ structured contents.
You could e.g. convert database contents into XML.
The special benefit is its tree-like hierarchical structure.

Roger

"Krist" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Hi All,
>
> While XML has been around for log time, so far I know XML mostly as
> configuration file and other 'low-level' application.
>
> Could anybody here please give me example / cases of business
> application that make use of XML ?
> ANy docs/PDF/ URL on this ?
>
> Thank you for your help,
> Krist

Malte

Krist wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> While XML has been around for log time, so far I know XML mostly as
> configuration file and other 'low-level' application.
>
> Could anybody here please give me example / cases of business
> application that make use of XML ?
> ANy docs/PDF/ URL on this ?
>
> Thank you for your help,
> Krist

Several applications of ours use XML:

One uses XML to send data from an RDBMS to a server which again uses XSL
to generate XHTML. This is an online travel shopping site.

Another uses the same kind of infrastructure for a web based b2b
applicateion.

Several of our web services acccept only data in XML format as input/output.

No docs/PDF/URL for this. This is intellectual property of our customers
and ours.

Daniel Parker

"Krist" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Hi All,
>
> While XML has been around for log time, so far I know XML mostly as
> configuration file and other 'low-level' application.
>
> Could anybody here please give me example / cases of business
> application that make use of XML ?
> ANy docs/PDF/ URL on this ?

Have a look at http://servingxml.sourceforge.net/ for an example of an XML
markup language that is a supporting framework for a variety of business
applications.

Regards,
Daniel Parker