Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > XIncludes in the XML Schema-based XML file -- How to?

XIncludes in the XML Schema-based XML file -- How to?

Zbyszek Cybulski

Hello,

I was trying to find anything on the topic in the archives but failed.
This may seem a well-known issue but I am a newbie on XML stuff.

I have created an XML Schema file (XSD) which defines the structure and
relations in a data set. And based on this, I have created an XML file
which is my data set. The data set file became too big to be easily
edited, so I wanted to split it into smaller chunks and make a master
data set, which is based on my XML Schema and also allows for XIncludes.

How do I create smaller chunks? Should they be based on the XML schema?
Or rather a generic XML files?

How do I create the master XML file? How to insert XInclude and my XML
Schema references in the prolog?

Thanks in advance,

Zbyszek