Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > Web Service change UTF-8 to ISO-8859-1

Web Service change UTF-8 to ISO-8859-1

magnolio

THE PROBLEM
************************************************** ************
i need to send a xml content in a web service, but i use latin american
charset.
HOW TO CHANGE THE CHARSET??
MY CODE:
private static Element getEmployeeElement(String afp, String
usuario,String clave,String operacion, String cuspp){
Document doc = new XMLDocument();
Element elAdd = doc.createElement( "solSeccionIV");

Element elA = doc.createElement( "afp");
Element elB = doc.createElement( "usuario");
Element elC = doc.createElement("clave");
Element elD = doc.createElement( "operacion");
Element elE = doc.createElement( "cuspp");

elA.appendChild(doc.createTextNode(afp));
elB.appendChild(doc.createTextNode(usuario));
elC.appendChild(doc.createTextNode(clave));
elD.appendChild(doc.createTextNode(operacion));
elE.appendChild(doc.createTextNode(cuspp));

elAdd.appendChild(elA);
elAdd.appendChild(elB);
elAdd.appendChild(elC);
elAdd.appendChild(elD);
elAdd.appendChild(elE);
doc.appendChild(elAdd);
return doc.getDocumentElement();
}
THE RESULT:
<mensaje>No existe la solicitud en estado "Cotizada" ó "En
elección".</mensaje>

Martin Honnen

magnolio wrote:

> THE PROBLEM
> ************************************************** ************
> i need to send a xml content in a web service, but i use latin american
> charset.
> HOW TO CHANGE THE CHARSET??
> MY CODE:
> ************************************************** *************
> private static Element getEmployeeElement(String afp, String
> usuario,String clave,String operacion, String cuspp){
> Document doc = new XMLDocument();
> Element elAdd = doc.createElement( "solSeccionIV");

> return doc.getDocumentElement();
> }
> THE RESULT:
> <mensaje>No existe la solicitud en estado "Cotizada" ó "En
> elección".</mensaje>

Looks like Java to me, but I am not sure which DOM you are trying to use
so perhaps tell us some more details, whether you use Java, which DOM
that is. Then it might be possible to tell you how to serialize the
object model in a specific encoding.

--

Martin Honnen
http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/