Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > XPath with XML Beans

XPath with XML Beans

Alexander Heinrich

Hi

I'm working with XML Beans and want to pass a complex XPath Query to
the XmlObject.selectPath() method. When running the application I get
an UnsupportedOperationException with message 'This query is too
complex to be processed'. The FAQ on xmlbeans.apache.org says that
selectPath() can process only very simple querys, but can process more
complex ones (using Jaxen) if xbean_xpath.jar is on the classpath. But
no matter what I do, I always get the same exception.
How can I make XML Beans 1.0.3 process XPath querys with predicates
(e.g. '//LANGUAGE/parent::*')?
I've been surfing the net for days, but couldn't find a solution.

Thanks for every reply!

Regards,
Alexander Heinrich