Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > Is't possible to reduce the text duplicate

Is't possible to reduce the text duplicate

Martin Andersson

Hello

I have an xml structure (or planing to have) something that will have a
structure like this.

<event name="XXXX">
<param name="a"\>
<param name="b"\>
<param name="xxxx"\>
</event>
<event name="YYYY">
<param name="a"\>
<param name="b"\>
<param name="yyyy"\>
</event>

As can be seen the <param name="a"\> and <param name="b"\> are equal
in both event. This duplication will then continue. So then I was
thinking i could make an <head> element.

<head>
<param name="a"\>
<param name="b"\>
</head>

And writing like this instead.
<event name="XXXX">
<something-that-put-the-element-from-head-here>
<param name="xxxx"\>
</event>
<event name="YYYY">
<something-that-put-the-element-from-head-here>
<param name="yyyy"\>
</event>

Is there any mechanism in xml I can use to achieve this when declaring
the xml file. That should remove loots of the text duplication, and also
when I add something in the <head> that will be seen in all <event>

/Martin