Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > HTML parsing with Xerces

HTML parsing with Xerces

Hans Bijvoet

Hello,
I'm trying to parse a HTML document with the SAX parser from Xerces.
The parser throws a fatal error when attribute values in the document are
not surrounded by quotes?
How can I prevent this parser's behaviour?
Greetings,
Hans

Stanimir Stamenkov

/Hans Bijvoet/:

> I'm trying to parse a HTML document with the SAX parser from Xerces.
> The parser throws a fatal error when attribute values in the document are
> not surrounded by quotes?
> How can I prevent this parser's behaviour?

Which Xerces? Perhaps using a parser configuration which uses a HTML
scanner, as you know HTML is not XML compatible. For Java there's
one from Andy Clarck's CyberNeko Tools for XNI (I haven't tried it
myself, though):

http://www.apache.org/~andyc/neko/doc/html/index.html

You may also consider posting Xerces specific questions to the
Xerces User mailing list:

http://xml.apache.org/mail.html#xerces-j-user

--
Stanimir