Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > XML related definitions

XML related definitions

Razvan

Hi !

I recently took some mock XML exams and I encountered the following
terms:

1.Static transformations = ?!! vs Just in time transformations
2.Parametrized DTDs = ?!!
3.Equivalent DOM nodes = ?!!
4.EDI System = ?!
5.Mixed content model = ?!
6.Just in time generation of XML documents = ?!!
7."Extended links are always external links ?!!" What are extended
links ?!

Can somebody explain what the meaning of those terms is ?
Regards,
Razvan

Razvan

Hello,

Help is much appreciated... I am kind of lost in this XML
stuff. Helping me to understand at least some of the issues will
clarify a lot of related misunderstandings that I might have.

Regards,
Razvan

Razvan wrote:
> Hi !
>

> I recently took some mock XML exams and I encountered the following
> terms:
>
> 1.Static transformations = ?!! vs Just in time transformations
> 2.Parametrized DTDs = ?!!
> 3.Equivalent DOM nodes = ?!!
> 4.EDI System = ?!
> 5.Mixed content model = ?!
> 6.Just in time generation of XML documents = ?!!
> 7."Extended links are always external links ?!!" What are extended
> links ?!
>

> Can somebody explain what the meaning of those terms is ?
> Regards,
> Razvan

Guido Spadotto

http://www.forum4designers.com/message167443-2.html

http://java.sun.com/webservices/docs...JAXPSAX14.html
> 3.Equivalent DOM nodes = ?!!

Too fuzzy to understand...
> 4.EDI System = ?!

Maybe EDI=Electronic Data Interchange
http://www.unece.org/trade/untdid/welcome.htm

http://w3c.org/TR/2004/REC-xml-20040...-mixed-content
> 6.Just in time generation of XML documents = ?!!

Maybe "dinamic generation of an XML document" (for example, from database
data)
> 7."Extended links are always external links ?!!" What are extended links

http://w3c.org/TR/xlink/#extended-link

A suggestion, start using Google.

--
Guido

Razvan

Thanks for your answers. They were really helpful.

Regards,
Razvan

XML XSD: Two Definitions for on element Adam dR. XML 2 10-16-2007 01:14 PM
work related dig regarding separation of definitions and implementations noone C++ 4 01-23-2007 05:04 AM
How should multiple (related) projects be arranged (structured) and configured so that they can share code, have a related package structure and enable proper unittesting, and ensuring no namespace collisions ToddLMorgan@gmail.com Python 14 04-21-2006 04:03 PM
XML Schema Definitions Lemon Tree XML 5 02-13-2006 04:47 PM
How should threads be terminated? (related to 'Help with thread related tracebacks') Maxwell Hammer Python 7 06-18-2005 04:20 PM

Advertisments