Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > Frameset Scrolling Question

Frameset Scrolling Question

Donald Firesmith

I am using Framesets (www.donald-firesmith.com, left primary navigation
frame, soon to be xhtml) using:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Frameset//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-frameset.dtd">

I want to enable vertical scrolling, but prohibit horizontal scrolling.
There doesn't seem to be a way of doing this. I want to get rid of
the unnecessary horizontal scroll bar. It seems to be caused by the <hr/>
going indefinitely to the right. Can I maybe limit the width of the
horizontal bar so that I don't get horizontal scrolling?
Thanks