Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > retreive DTD structure in VB.net

retreive DTD structure in VB.net

Spam@jostavo.net

How can i retreive the structure of a dtd in my VB.net assembly
so i can display the structure

i know how to read a schema but it doesnt seem to work with a dtd

Martin Honnen

> How can i retreive the structure of a dtd in my VB.net assembly
> so i can display the structure

As far as I know .NET (at least the current versions 1.0 and 1.1) do not
expose public classes to load and model an XML DTD alone.
There is however XmlDocument, XmlNode etc thus if you load an XML
document with a
<!DOCTYPE >
declaration into an XmlDocument then the DOM object model exposes some
parts of the DTD, the XmlDocument has a property
DocumentType
of type XmlDocumentType and there you have properties like
Entities
for the entity declarations,
Notations
for the notations.,
SystemId
PublicId

If you have further questions on XML in .NET then consider posting in
microsoft.public.dotnet.xml on news.microsoft.com, maybe someone there
also knows some third party library for DTD loading/modelling for .NET.

--

Martin Honnen
http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

DTD to C structure GSA C Programming 8 08-26-2010 09:52 PM
XML file from one DTD to another DTD test Java 2 07-28-2006 08:48 PM
How to specify DTD to DTD.getDTD for DocumentParser? Ronald Fischer Java 4 03-17-2005 09:37 AM
Removing the dtd name when using print(...) on the dtd generated class Joseph Tilian Java 0 12-21-2004 02:58 PM
Including a dtd into another dtd... possible? Asfand Yar Qazi XML 1 09-19-2003 12:10 PM

Advertisments