Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > ANNOUNCE: Altova DiffDog 2005 - the dedicated differencing utility for developers and power users

ANNOUNCE: Altova DiffDog 2005 - the dedicated differencing utility for developers and power users

Altova Announcements

Altova Unveils DiffDog(tm) 2005
-------------------------------

This week, Altova added a new dedicated differencing utility to its
award-winning product line. DiffDog 2005 is a powerful, easy-to-use
synchronization tool that facilitates the comparison and merging of files,
folders, and directories for application developers and power users.

DiffDog 2005 Standard and Professional editions allow users to quickly
compare source code files, HTML files, or any text-based files then merge
changes with a click of the mouse. Both editions deliver versatile
comparison and merging options for all file directories as well. Uniquely,
DiffDog 2005 Professional Edition also provides advanced XML-aware
differencing and editing capabilities based on those popularized in Altova
XMLSpy.

DiffDog 2005 integrates with any version control system that supports
external differencing applications. For optimal efficiency, you can edit
content directly within its differencing display, merge changes, and
instantly re-compare the edited files. Intelligent syntax-coloring, line
numbering, indentation guides, folding margins, and other innovative
features are provided to assist in comparing source-code and XML files.

DiffDog 2005 also provides powerful capabilities for directory comparisons,
allowing you to compare and merge directories, and open and edit file pairs
directly from the directory comparison view. You can instantly identify the
differences in two versions of a large directory, open and edit files
side-by-side, then move what you want into your target directories. With all
this you can reconcile source code versions, synch-up files on your laptop
and desktop computers, or even modify and merge your play lists or photo
collections in a matter of seconds. DiffDog 2005 is the latest in Altova's
line of award-winning developer tools.

Let DiffDog 2005 track down the differences in your development and
integration projects.

Download a 30-day FREE trial today:
http://www.altova.com/download_diffdog.html.

For more information on Altova DiffDog 2005 please visit:
http://www.altova.com/products_diffdog.html.

=?ISO-8859-15?Q?R=E9mi_Peyronnet?=

Hello,

For a free solution to diff XML files, I am pleased to announce you :
- libxmldiff [1] : a GPL library to diff two XML files
- xmlTreeNav [2] : a GPL XML viewer with diff support

[1] libxmldiff : http://people.via.ecp.fr/~remi/mini.php3?id=298
[2] xmlTreeNav : http://people.via.ecp.fr/~remi/mini.php3?id=288

libxmldiff comes with xmldiff, a simple command line tool to demonstrate
libxmldiff possibilities.
Features of xmldiff are :
* Detection of modified items, added items, removed items
* Not sensitive to item position changes (based on a id).
* Designed to support large XML files (about 100 Mo).
* Basic XML manipulation (XSLT, Deletion,...)
* Scripting abilities
* Simple to use

xmlTreeNav aims at providing easy navigation in XML files.
Features of xmlTreeNac are :
* tree navigation
* diff XML files
* customization of the display with XSLT files
* support for large XML files
* should run both on Windows and Linux

Both are running either on Windows or Linux systems, and are distributed
as : sources, windows binaries, debian/linux pre-built packages.

Hope these pieces of software will be usefull to you, and I am open to
any bug report, improvement suggestion, or help (because of a slight
lack of time

Best regards,

--
Rémi Peyronnet