Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > Concept Question

Concept Question

Rhino

I am thinking about making my resume available in XML format so that
prospective customers/employers can download it from my website. Generating
a document in XML shouldn't be too hard but the resume is going to be pretty
ugly to read in basic XML format.

Would I be right in assuming that I should also give a prospective reader of
my resume an XSLT or something functionally equivalent in order to format
the resume nicely?

Also, will I need to tell a prospective reader of my resume how to combine
XML and XSLT and where to get a program or programs that can handle both?
Surely, there must be many people out there who know nothing about XML so it
seems unrealistic to simply supply the XML and XSLT for download and expect
someone unfamiliar with XML to know how to combine them. (I did some XML and
XSLT tutorials several months back and *I* don't recall how to combine them
myself!)

I'm curious how others are handling similar situations; I'd like to imitate
the most professional approach possible.

--
Rhino
---

Henri Sivonen

In article <u7jFd.37237$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Rhino" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I'd like to imitate the most professional approach possible.

Then I suggest providing your resume to the reader as HTML 4.01 Strict
or as plain text. That is, you do the transformation from the source
format--not the reader.

--
Henri Sivonen
http://iki.fi/hsivonen/

asp.net 2.0: class file and .aspx page concept question Ranginald ASP .Net 1 05-25-2006 12:19 PM
Re: asp.net c# concept question Karl Seguin [MVP] ASP .Net 0 03-16-2006 12:29 PM
concept question jiing C++ 10 04-21-2005 05:47 PM
Prefix/postfix ops -- concept question Sergey C++ 6 04-01-2005 06:14 PM
Basic macro lens concept question johnpower@verobeachlaw.com Digital Photography 3 08-16-2003 02:53 PM

Advertisments