Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > FORMS in XSLT

FORMS in XSLT

gipsy boy

How is it that everything I put between <FORM> tags disappears from the
HTML rendering, when I use an XSL transformation?
How can I render XML to a html form then?

--
- gipsy boy

Tjerk Wolterink

gipsy boy wrote:
> How is it that everything I put between <FORM> tags disappears from the
> HTML rendering, when I use an XSL transformation?
> How can I render XML to a html form then?

i do not see what you mean. do you have an example?

gipsy boy

Tjerk Wolterink wrote:
> gipsy boy wrote:
>
>> How is it that everything I put between <FORM> tags disappears from
>> the HTML rendering, when I use an XSL transformation?
>> How can I render XML to a html form then?
>>

> i do not see what you mean. do you have an example?

<xsl:template match="CANDIDATE">
<FORM action="edit" method="POST">
Hello
<INPUT type="submit" value="test"/>
</FORM>
<TR valign="top" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
<TD rowspan="4" style="font-size:24px;color:#BBBBBB">#<xsl:number
count="CANDIDATE"/></TD>
</xsl:template>

Without the <FORM> tag, everything gets rendered correctly, but with it,
the button that's inside it just disappears (with the "Hello".
If I put the <FORM> around everything, it all disappears in the HTML
output. Is this normal?..

--
- gipsy boy

gipsy boy

gipsy boy wrote:
> Tjerk Wolterink wrote:
>
>> gipsy boy wrote:
>>
>>> How is it that everything I put between <FORM> tags disappears from
>>> the HTML rendering, when I use an XSL transformation?
>>> How can I render XML to a html form then?
>>>

>> i do not see what you mean. do you have an example?

> <xsl:template match="CANDIDATE">
> <FORM action="edit" method="POST">
> Hello
> <INPUT type="submit" value="test"/>
> </FORM>
> <TR valign="top" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
> <TD rowspan="4" style="font-size:24px;color:#BBBBBB">#<xsl:number
> count="CANDIDATE"/></TD>
> </xsl:template>
>

> Without the <FORM> tag, everything gets rendered correctly, but with it,
> the button that's inside it just disappears (with the "Hello".
> If I put the <FORM> around everything, it all disappears in the HTML
> output. Is this normal?..

Ah, it appears this only happens because <FORM> needs to be inside a
<TD>, it can't float above a <TR>

--
- gipsy boy