Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > XMLCh, DOMString and getNodeName

XMLCh, DOMString and getNodeName

C_Vieri

Hello,

{ ahem! I am writing a DOM based application on Linux, using C++ (gcc
3.x.y.z) and the Xerces-C XML parser ...}

Sometimes I see code that calls an equals("some string") method on the type
returned by getNodeName or getNodeValue. Somehow this does not seem to be
correct.

Since I am trying to learn more about XMLCh and DOMNode specifically from
what I can see in the code, XMLCh is a typedef to either wchar_t or unsigned
short, depending on platform.

My question revolves around the getNodeName method, which returns an XMLCh *

const XMLCh * getNodeName () const=0
The name of this node, depending on its type; see the table above. More...

const XMLCh * getNodeValue () const=0
Gets the value of this node, depending on its type.

My question is that I sometimes see code that says

somenode.getNodeName().equals("Foo Text");

This looks all nice and dandy, but getNodeName returns an XMLCh (which
obviously has no member functions, since it is typdefed short or wchar_t).

Did getNodeName used to return a DOMString in an earlier version? And is the
above code still legal in the current DOM Implementation?

Thanks for taking time to read this.

Regards,
A. Oyake

if and and vs if and,and titi VHDL 4 03-11-2007 05:23 AM
DOMString deprecated? wilson_wang_yan@yahoo.com XML 0 02-09-2005 04:24 PM
XMLCh and getNodeName AOyake77 XML 0 01-07-2005 02:33 AM

Advertisments