Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > Extracting data for anchor titles

Extracting data for anchor titles

Porthos

Here's a good one. I want mouseover text to pop up for anchor text. I
need to extract the mouseover text from one attribute in the XML
document and the anchor text from a second attribute. I tried the line
below, but it treats $name as litteral text and it won't let me get
away with using: title=@author. How can I specify the title attribute
to achieve my desired result?
<a title="@author"><xsl:value-of select="@book"/></a>

-James

Joris Gillis

Hi,

> <a title="@author"><xsl:value-of select="@book"/></a>

Try using
<a title="{@author}"><xsl:value-of select="@book"/></a>

regards,
--
Joris Gillis (http://www.ticalc.org/cgi-bin/acct-v...i?userid=38041)
Spread the wiki (http://www.wikipedia.org)

Porthos

No dice. It just treated the ( )s as litterals too.

Joris Gillis

> No dice. It just treated the ( )s as litterals too.

I should work (with {curly} brackets), or I didn't understand the question. What did you mean with $name?

--
Joris Gillis (http://www.ticalc.org/cgi-bin/acct-v...i?userid=38041)
Spread the wiki (http://www.wikipedia.org)

Porthos

Ahh! You are correct. I used parenthases (sp?), not curley braces,
the first time. Thanks for your help. -James