Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > Processing XSD Schema File

Processing XSD Schema File

Porthos

One of the virtues of using schemas is that they are XML documents
themselves. I have several schema files (one imports the next, which
imports the next, and so on) that describe/enforce the rules for XML
instance documents that I create.

I want to read and process these schema files using an XSL(T) document
to produce a user friendly/more readable version of these rules. I can
take care of the formatting, but how do I access the tags in the schema
documents from my XSL(T) file to get the information in the first
place?

Thanks,

-James

Martin Honnen

Porthos wrote:

> One of the virtues of using schemas is that they are XML documents
> themselves. I have several schema files (one imports the next, which
> imports the next, and so on) that describe/enforce the rules for XML
> instance documents that I create.
>
> I want to read and process these schema files using an XSL(T) document
> to produce a user friendly/more readable version of these rules. I can
> take care of the formatting, but how do I access the tags in the schema
> documents from my XSL(T) file to get the information in the first
> place?

That is not different from any XSLT task (well XSLT processing an XML
file with namespaces) e.g.:
<xsl:stylesheet
xmlnssl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"
xmlnssd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"