Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > Auto Updating RSS File

Auto Updating RSS File

Deke

I am trying to create a RSS file that will automatically update when I
update a page. I have created a photoblog and would love for the feed
to update as soon as i put a new picture up automatically.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Please reply to dietrichmd at gmail dot com.

Thank you.

Daniel Bibbens

"Deke" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> I am trying to create a RSS file that will automatically update when I
> update a page. I have created a photoblog and would love for the feed
> to update as soon as i put a new picture up automatically.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> Thank you.
>
> Please reply to dietrichmd at gmail dot com.
>
> Thank you.

If your running Apache 1.3 and are handy with XSLT you might try:

http://xobjex.com/projects/mod_rssindex/

It creates an RSS 2.0 feed of files in a directory. The XSLT is used
to modify the title and description.

Ben Thomas

Hi,

>I am trying to create a RSS file that will automatically update when I
>update a page. I have created a photoblog and would love for the feed
>to update as soon as i put a new picture up automatically.

FeedForAll http://www.feedforall.com has a free PHP script that you can use.
They don't promote it, you need only to email them and request it. You then can
insert the feed using a template into a page. The feed will dynamically update
on the page, but search engines see the contents as static.

Really slick.
Hope this helps you.
Ben