Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > XML Database

XML Database

Chad

Hello,
I'm trying to maintain a small list (30-50) of categorized hyperlinks
on my website. Each link could be in multiple categories. Should I use
HTML for this?

Example:
Book1 (URL1)
Categories:
1=Yes
2=No
3=Yes
4=No

Book2 (URL2)
Categories:
1=No
2=Yes
3=No
4=Yes

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Chad

Andy Dingley

On 22 Dec 2004 14:35:54 -0800, "Chad" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Any other suggestions?

Look at Dublin Core, how to represent Dublin Core in XML, RSS, RSS 1.0
and how to stick DC & RSS together.

Then, whenever you need to read this "database" as a
pubically-publishable web page, a little trivial XSLT will do it for
you.

In many ways this isn't a database because you have no update or
selction mechanism. This is good, because those are things XML doesn't
directly offer to you.