Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > WSDL without SOAP

WSDL without SOAP

carl.stottlemyer@lmco.com

Currently our company is interfacing with several other companies using
a few different technologies, CORBA, RMI and an independently developed
middleware that we are stuck with using. In some cases the interface
may be through plain Java interface or C Header. We are undergoing an
effort to use a single interface specification language for all
companies. We must be able to automatically generate the actual
interfaces from the interface specification language. Our current
thought is to use WSDL and transform the logical part of the document
into the actual interface each company will be using. For example we
will want to develop a C Header that is logically equivalent to WSDL
types, messages and portType sections.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this line of thought and/or know of
any tools that generate a logically equivalent C, Java, idl, RMI of a
WSDL document. It is important that the generated files not have any
reference to the actual transport in them. For example when I generate
a Java interface we don't want any reference to SOAP.

If we cannot find any tools that do this we will develop our own using
XSLT.

Guido Spadotto

Il Wed, 15 Dec 2004 15:50:09 -0800, carl.stottlemyer ha scritto:

> Does anyone have any thoughts on this line of thought and/or know of
> any tools that generate a logically equivalent C, Java, idl, RMI of a
> WSDL document. It is important that the generated files not have any
> reference to the actual transport in them. For example when I generate
> a Java interface we don't want any reference to SOAP.

Hi Carl,
I don't know if this is your case, but as long as Java is concerned,
there's the "WSDL2Java" emitter by Axis* which translates a wsdl file into
a (custom-chosen) package that contains those "logically equivalent"
classes.

There's also a C++ port of Axis, but I don't use it.

I hope this helps, sorry for my poor english.

Guido Spadotto

*: http://ws.apache.org/axis/