Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > SVG polygon question

SVG polygon question

Tripredacus-X

I just learned how to make SVGs yesterday.... And so far I made thi
one:

http://tweedledee.dyc.edu/~tpx/images/tf/auto_dec.svg

You may recognise these symbols.

The one on the right has a polygon in the top middle that has a fla
side at the top. It is supposed to have a rounded side.

How can I make it so the one side is curved and the other 2 sides ar
straight? The small triangle in the middle also needs to be curved a
the top but not so much

-
Tripredacus-

Joris Gillis

> How can I make it so the one side is curved and the other 2 sides are
> straight? The small triangle in the middle also needs to be curved at
> the top but not so much.

Hi,

You cannot do that with a 'polygon' element; you'll have to use the 'path' element and its -magical- 'd' attribute. http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/paths.htm...aCurveCommands

I you're using a plain text editor to author svg, you could use http://www.learnsvg.com/tutorials/path.php to learn drawing curved paths; otherwise, your SVG editor will probably allow you to draw curved paths by hand.

Btw, it's also advisable to use CSS in your SVG where possible.

Theoretically, I'd have to advise you to post on netscape.public.mozilla.svg, but the response rate on that list is so slow, that you'll most likely find the answer before someone answers.

regards,

--
Joris Gillis (http://www.ticalc.org/cgi-bin/acct-v...i?userid=38041)
Spread the wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org)

Re: svg-chart 1.1 SVG Charting Library Helmut Jarausch Python 0 05-20-2008 11:05 AM
svg to svg saving problem milof83 Java 1 08-18-2006 07:36 PM
[SVG] probleme dessin d'images SVG avec Batik Mardagg Java 0 05-12-2006 02:13 PM
[SVG] problem with SVG image drawing with Batik Library Mardagg Java 0 05-12-2006 02:12 PM
[SVG] using image-tag to integrate SVG in SVG Arne Nordmann XML 0 06-28-2004 01:16 PM

Advertisments