Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > YA Newbie question.

YA Newbie question.

JustSomeGuy

Is there a difference between these two xml statments?

<foo>
bar
</foo>

and

<foo>bar</foo>

Joris Gillis

> Is there a difference between these two xml statments?
>
> <foo>
> bar
> </foo>
>
> and
>
> <foo>bar</foo>

Hi,

It seems you have already posted a similar question on Tue, 07 Dec 2004 06:18:14 GMT
Peter Flynn gave you a very good answer. Look for a message called 'Re: another newbie question...'

regards,

P.S. a question to everyone: is there a policy in newsgroups to quote other people's answers, or is it not allowed to use quotations? I would have quoted Peter Flynn's answer if I somehow knew it is okay to do so.

--
Joris Gillis (http://www.ticalc.org/cgi-bin/acct-v...i?userid=38041)
Ceterum censeo XML omnibus esse utendum

JustSomeGuy

"Joris Gillis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Is there a difference between these two xml statments?
> >
> > <foo>
> > bar
> > </foo>
> >
> > and
> >
> > <foo>bar</foo>
> >

> Hi,
>
> It seems you have already posted a similar question on Tue, 07 Dec 2004

06:18:14 GMT
> Peter Flynn gave you a very good answer. Look for a message called 'Re:

another newbie question...'

> regards,

No that was a different question about
<?xml>

looks,

"JustSomeGuy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> "Joris Gillis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Is there a difference between these two xml statments?
> > >
> > > <foo>
> > > bar
> > > </foo>
> > >
> > > and
> > >
> > > <foo>bar</foo>
> > >

> > Hi,
> >
> > It seems you have already posted a similar question on Tue, 07 Dec 2004

> 06:18:14 GMT
> > Peter Flynn gave you a very good answer. Look for a message called 'Re:

> another newbie question...'
> >
> > regards,
> >

> No that was a different question about
> <?xml>
>
> looks,

sorry.. Found it.

> > P.S. a question to everyone: is there a policy in newsgroups to quote

> other people's answers, or is it not allowed to use quotations? I would

have
> quoted Peter Flynn's answer if I somehow knew it is okay to do so.
> >
> > --
> > Joris Gillis (http://www.ticalc.org/cgi-bin/acct-v...i?userid=38041)
> > Ceterum censeo XML omnibus esse utendum

John Fereira

"Joris Gillis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news(E-Mail Removed):

> P.S. a question to everyone: is there a policy in newsgroups to quote
> other people's answers, or is it not allowed to use quotations? I would
> have quoted Peter Flynn's answer if I somehow knew it is okay to do so.

Perfectly acceptable. If you're not quoting something in an existing thread
you should preface the quote with the the message id so readers may be able
to find the quote in it's full context, for example:

"Joris Gillis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news(E-Mail Removed):
"is there a policy in newsgroups to quote other people's answers, or is it
not allowed to use quotations?"

Peter Flynn

Joris Gillis wrote:

>> Is there a difference between these two xml statments?
>>
>> <foo>
>> bar
>> </foo>
>>
>> and
>>
>> <foo>bar</foo>
>>

> Hi,
>
> It seems you have already posted a similar question on Tue, 07 Dec 2004
> 06:18:14 GMT Peter Flynn gave you a very good answer. Look for a message
> called 'Re: another newbie question...'
>
> regards,
>
> P.S. a question to everyone: is there a policy in newsgroups to quote
> other people's answers, or is it not allowed to use quotations? I would
> have quoted Peter Flynn's answer if I somehow knew it is okay to do so.

Thank you for asking In general you can quote anything you like from
Usenet provided you give the attribution (as you did above; conventionally
that would include the article number as well). Strictly speaking, every
post is copyright of its author, but I don't recall ever having seen one
Usenet poster sueing another for quoting a post.

///Peter

JustSomeGuy

"Peter Flynn" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Joris Gillis wrote:
>
> >> Is there a difference between these two xml statments?
> >>
> >> <foo>
> >> bar
> >> </foo>
> >>
> >> and
> >>
> >> <foo>bar</foo>
> >>

> > Hi,
> >
> > It seems you have already posted a similar question on Tue, 07 Dec 2004
> > 06:18:14 GMT Peter Flynn gave you a very good answer. Look for a message
> > called 'Re: another newbie question...'
> >
> > regards,
> >
> > P.S. a question to everyone: is there a policy in newsgroups to quote
> > other people's answers, or is it not allowed to use quotations? I would
> > have quoted Peter Flynn's answer if I somehow knew it is okay to do so.

> Thank you for asking In general you can quote anything you like from
> Usenet provided you give the attribution (as you did above; conventionally
> that would include the article number as well). Strictly speaking, every
> post is copyright of its author, but I don't recall ever having seen one
> Usenet poster sueing another for quoting a post.
>
> ///Peter
> --
> "The cat in the box is both a wave and a particle"
> -- Terry Pratchett, introducing quantum physics in _The Authentic

Cat_

It's the stupid question that won't die!