Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > Duplicate Namespace Declaration in XML

Duplicate Namespace Declaration in XML

echoharger@core.com

Hello,

I have two XML files. File#1 has a namespace. File#2 does not.
I am storing some XML from File#1 in File#2, therefore, the node has a
namespace attribute.

Later, I remove the node from File#2 and append it back to File#1. The
node keeps it's namespace attribute even though File#1 has a default
namespace of equal value.

The problem is, the software that reads File#1 is refusing to read the
file with the extra namespace tags, even though the tags have the same
value.

Can anyone help me figure out how to get around this problem?
Many Thanks.

echoharger@core.com

P.S. I am using DOM in a VB6 application.

echoharger@core.com

P.S. I am using DOM in a VB6 application.

Kenneth Stephen

> Hello,
>
> I have two XML files. File#1 has a namespace. File#2 does not.
> I am storing some XML from File#1 in File#2, therefore, the node has a
> namespace attribute.
>
> Later, I remove the node from File#2 and append it back to File#1. The
> node keeps it's namespace attribute even though File#1 has a default
> namespace of equal value.
>
> The problem is, the software that reads File#1 is refusing to read the
> file with the extra namespace tags, even though the tags have the same
> value.

Hi,

You need to show us the actual XML snippets for us to be sure, but from
what you say, the XML is conforming to spec and the software is not.

Regards,
Kenneth