Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > XSLT WYSIWYG editor?

XSLT WYSIWYG editor?

milkyway

Hello once more,

Sorry if this question has already been asked but here goes:

Does such a thing as a WYSIWYG XSLT editor exist? If so, where might
one download this?

TIA

Iain Robinson

milkyway wrote:
> Hello once more,
>
> Sorry if this question has already been asked but here goes:
>
> Does such a thing as a WYSIWYG XSLT editor exist? If so, where might
> one download this?
>
> TIA

Altova's XMLSpy does this -- http://www.xmlspy.com .... but more than a
time limited demo will cost you - dont know of any free software that
has wysiwig functionality...but if you find some let me know

P@

Peter Flynn

Iain Robinson wrote:

> milkyway wrote:
>> Hello once more,
>>
>> Sorry if this question has already been asked but here goes:
>>
>> Does such a thing as a WYSIWYG XSLT editor exist? If so, where might
>> one download this?
>>
>> TIA
>>

> Altova's XMLSpy does this -- http://www.xmlspy.com .... but more than a
> time limited demo will cost you - dont know of any free software that
> has wysiwig functionality...but if you find some let me know

There have been several attempts, and at least one in-depth research
project (at INRIA) into how to do this. They've all stumbled up against
the same problem: there is an infinite number of "things" people want to
do with the output, so it is impossible to write a generalised XSLT GUI.
All you can do is write one to cover a sepcified subset of features and
hope those are the ones your users want. I've used Spy and it's fine --
within the limits is sets. Unfortunately I want to do other things it
can't do unaided, so I go back to using XSLide.

Followups set to c.t.x -- this really has nothing whatever to do with Java.

///Peter

XSLT WYSIWYG editor? milkyway Java 1 12-02-2004 05:42 PM
XSLT WYSIWYG editor? milkyway Java 1 12-02-2004 12:48 PM
XSLT WYSIWYG editor? milkyway XML 1 12-02-2004 12:48 PM
[XSLT]Passing values from Javascript to a XSLT variable Benjamin Hillsley XML 3 09-25-2003 04:50 AM

Advertisments