Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > Shared Memory to XML Config File

Shared Memory to XML Config File

Jason

I'm working on a project to cleanup our current XML handling code. We
basically just dump our shared memory information (a set of C structs that
represent configuration data) to an XML configuration file and vice-versa.
The shared memory is accessed through accessor functions, so I don't have
direct access to the structs. The goal is to create a clean layer between
the shared memory and our XML configuration file. I'm curious if anyone has
done anything like this or has anything to share about doing this in a
clean, extensible way.

I've looked online, but haven't been able to find anything helpful. I've
been reading up on libxml2 (this is the library we use) and in of itself, it
seems to be overly complex for what we need to do. It's probably the right
tool, but I think I would need to create wrappers around it to read/write
xml to make it simpler to update when we add new structures to our shared
memory.

I hope this is the right place to be asking these questions, if not, let me
know where I should be posting. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

Jason

Michael Sweet

Jason wrote:
> I've looked online, but haven't been able to find anything helpful.
> I've been reading up on libxml2 (this is the library we use) and in
> of itself, it seems to be overly complex for what we need to do.
> It's probably the right tool, but I think I would need to create
> wrappers around it to read/write xml to make it simpler to update
> when we add new structures to our shared memory.

You might want to look at my Mini-XML library:

http://www.easysw.com/~mike/mxml/

It is designed exactly for this sort of thing...

Michael Sweet, Easy Software Products mike at easysw dot com
Internet `Printing and Publishing Software http://www.easysw.com