Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > reserved words

reserved words

Miel Bronneberg

Hi,

My xquery parser doesn't like 'text' when it appears as an element name,
e.g. "for $text in $card/text". I think it expects 'text' to be a
function, because it doesn't complain about "$card/text()". Is this
expected behaviour, or should it be possible to use 'text' as an elemant
name?

Regards, Miel.

Martin Honnen

Miel Bronneberg wrote:

> My xquery parser doesn't like 'text' when it appears as an element name,
> e.g. "for $text in $card/text". I think it expects 'text' to be a
> function, because it doesn't complain about "$card/text()". Is this
> expected behaviour, or should it be possible to use 'text' as an elemant
> name?

I am not familiar enough with the XQuery syntax specification to give an
answer to that but when I use Saxon 8.1.1 to run the following query

return for $text in $xml//text return $text

it runs it without problems so at least the XQuery parser in Saxon can
deal with 'text' as an element name in a path expression.

--

Martin Honnen
http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

Newer reserved words Tricky VHDL 2 12-05-2008 07:49 AM
Reserved Words max w. VHDL 2 07-06-2007 08:31 PM
Are Python's reserved words reserved in places they dont need to be? metaperl Python 32 09-15-2006 02:02 PM
RE: Are Python's reserved words reserved in places they dont needtobe? Delaney, Timothy (Tim) Python 10 09-14-2006 04:17 PM
Re: Are Python's reserved words reserved in places they dont needtobe? Steve Holden Python 0 09-13-2006 08:44 AM

Advertisments