Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > XPath 1.0 - how to retrieve minimum or maximum

XPath 1.0 - how to retrieve minimum or maximum

Stefan Franke

Hi,
I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to find out a minimum or a maximum
via XPath 1.0.

The XML document I'm working on looks like this:

<doc>
<val>10</val>
<val>5</val>
<val>7</val>
</doc>

That's all. For XPath 2.0 there is a special command to get a minimum or a
maximum, but I wonder if this is also possible with XPath 1.0?

Cheers,
Stefan

Martin Honnen

Stefan Franke wrote:

> I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to find out a minimum or a maximum
> via XPath 1.0.
>
> The XML document I'm working on looks like this:
>
> <doc>
> <val>10</val>
> <val>5</val>
> <val>7</val>
> </doc>
>
> That's all. For XPath 2.0 there is a special command to get a minimum or a
> maximum, but I wonder if this is also possible with XPath 1.0?

See
http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect2/N5121.html#d6079e265

--

Martin Honnen