Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > matching

matching

Jeff Kish

Hi.

Dave (thanks Dave) answered my previous "like" question somewhat, but things
are as clear as mud, though I am still investigating.

If I'd like to return all elements using xpath 2.0 that have any attributes
that have a value containing the string "readonly", how could I go about that?

I'm still trying to figure it out,

Thanks

Jeff Kish

David Carlisle

Jeff Kish <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> Hi.
>
> Dave (thanks Dave) answered my previous "like" question somewhat, but things
> are as clear as mud, though I am still investigating.
>
> If I'd like to return all elements using xpath 2.0 that have any attributes
> that have a value containing the string "readonly", how could I go about that?
>
> I'm still trying to figure it out,
>
> Thanks
>

> Jeff Kish

//*[@*[contains(.,'readonly')]]

David

Jeff Kish

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 14:19:14 GMT, David Carlisle <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Jeff Kish <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>
>> Hi.
>>
>> Dave (thanks Dave) answered my previous "like" question somewhat, but things
>> are as clear as mud, though I am still investigating.
>>
>> If I'd like to return all elements using xpath 2.0 that have any attributes
>> that have a value containing the string "readonly", how could I go about that?
>>
>> I'm still trying to figure it out,
>>
>> Thanks
>>

>> Jeff Kish

>//*[@*[contains(.,'readonly')]]
>

>David

Thanks so much. (It seems like it is on the tip of my tongue sometimes)
Jeff Kish