Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > produce a newline for text output in XSLT

produce a newline for text output in XSLT

Matt

I want to generate text output from XML using XSLT. The question is how to
produce a newline? When I produce HTML as output, I have no problems.
But when I attempt to produce text, all data is append together.

please help. thanks!!

Martin Honnen

Matt wrote:
> I want to generate text output from XML using XSLT. The question is how to
> produce a newline? When I produce HTML as output, I have no problems.
> But when I attempt to produce text, all data is append together.

<xsl:text> </xsl:text>

--

Martin Honnen
http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

Joris Gillis

> I want to generate text output from XML using XSLT. The question is how to
> produce a newline? When I produce HTML as output, I have no problems.
> But when I attempt to produce text, all data is append together.
>
> please help. thanks!!

Hi,

You could insert this whereever you need a newline to be outputted:
<xsl:text>
</xsl:text>

regards,
--