Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > XML Schema generator?

XML Schema generator?

matomira@gmail.com

I want to generate an XML Schema from sample XML documents.
What's the best tool available?

Thanks

Tjerk Wolterink

> I want to generate an XML Schema from sample XML documents.
> What's the best tool available?
>
> Thanks

I do not think that is completely possible.
A xml schema defines when an xml is valid.

How could you ever derive a scheme of an xml document?
Maybe it can be possible but youre never 100% sure.

For example:

<a>
<b/>
</a>

schema's possible (in pseudo-schema notation):
a b (a with one b)
a b+ (a with multiples b)
a b? (a with optionally b)

Wich schema should you choose?

matomira@gmail.com

Stylus Studio comes with such a generator. But I think you can't use
multiple files as input.
I don't know if there are others.

Thanks

Edwin Dankert

Trang should do the trick.
http://www.thaiopensource.com/relaxn...html#xml-input

Edwin

Rikard Land

> > I want to generate an XML Schema from sample XML documents.
> > What's the best tool available?

XMLSpy does this. However, when I try to validate the document
according to the newly generated schema, one would assume the file
should be valid, but it is not... the schema requires some editing
before the document passes validation.

Of course, you have to edit the schema anyway, and add/relax e.g. the
generated constraints, optionality etc. in the way you want it.

Regards,
Rikard