Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > Trap run time errors in XSLT

Trap run time errors in XSLT

Rolf Kemper

Dear All,

I'm facing the problem below and need some advice/help on it.

I'm loading various XML files via the document function into my XSLT.
As long all files exist, it's fine. But when a file is not present the
processor threws an error and the output is not generated.
I tried this with MSXML4 and ALTOVAs native processor.

What I want is just a controlled output for the missing section like
'file not available'. But for the rest of the document I would like to
proceed.

As this is a general problem of trapping run time errors in XSLT I
guess that most of you have already solved this. Please let me know
how you deal with that.

Thanks
Rolf

Run-time template list definition / Run-time variable type definition Pierre Yves C++ 2 01-10-2008 02:52 PM
How to trap errors on file uploads? SalP ASP .Net 3 05-17-2006 04:34 PM
Trap all errors Andrew Banks ASP .Net 3 04-23-2004 03:39 AM
Trap "connection pool" errors Sean Nolan ASP .Net 1 07-11-2003 02:59 PM

Advertisments