Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > Searching für a big (!) XML document sample with attributes and approx 6 nesting levels

Searching für a big (!) XML document sample with attributes and approx 6 nesting levels

Michael Hertz

I have hundreds of samples of XML documents on my harddisc. But all of them lack the one or another feature
of XML. Some XML documents have no attributes some others are rather flat (nesting level=2).
Furthermore there are XML samples which do not have duplicate elements with only different attribute values
or all with the same attributes.

I would like to have an advanced XML document with nesting level 5-6, with 1-4 attributes of some of the elements,
and with differences onyl in attributes or attribute values and approx 200 -500 lines?

Could someone point me to a good and advanced featured and bigger XML sample document publicly available
in the internet?

Michael

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=FCrgen_Kahrs?=

Michael Hertz wrote:

> I would like to have an advanced XML document with nesting level 5-6, with 1-4 attributes of some of the elements,
> and with differences onyl in attributes or attribute values and approx 200 -500 lines?

The authors of the xmark benchmarks have spent
much effort on creating such a document:

http://monetdb.cwi.nl/xml/downloads.html

You shouldnt download the data file !
It has 37 MB (compressed) and you can create it
yourself with the help of a tool. The tool can
also create smaller version with "scaling factors"
which are much shorter but have the same non-trivial
structure.

I also found this file interesting:

http://xml.shavlik.com/mssecure.xml
http://www.netadmintools.com/part250.html

Patrick Philippot

Michael Hertz wrote:
> Could someone point me to a good and advanced featured and bigger XML
> sample document publicly available
> in the internet?

Hallo,

Although they are not big, you could have a look at Jim Clark's XML Test
Cases: ftp://ftp.jclark.com/pub/xml/xmltest.zip

Making big XML files out of these samples should be easy with a few XSL
tranformations (at least for those that are well-formed).

MfG

--
Patrick Philippot - Microsoft MVP
MainSoft Consulting Services

Peter Flynn

Michael Hertz wrote:

> I have hundreds of samples of XML documents on my harddisc. But all of
> them lack the one or another feature of XML. Some XML documents have no
> attributes some others are rather flat (nesting level=2). Furthermore
> there are XML samples which do not have duplicate elements with only
> different attribute values or all with the same attributes.
>
> I would like to have an advanced XML document with nesting level 5-6, with
> 1-4 attributes of some of the elements, and with differences onyl in
> attributes or attribute values and approx 200 -500 lines?
>
> Could someone point me to a good and advanced featured and bigger XML
> sample document publicly available in the internet?

Almost any large document in TEI will exhibit most of these features. See
any of the big text repositories in the humanities. (TEI -> www.tei-c.org)

[The ones I deal with are still in SGML (celt.ucc.ie) but will be converted
later this year.]

///Peter