Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > ActiveXObject, Problem loading into DOM

ActiveXObject, Problem loading into DOM

Nomad

I'm trying to load an XML document into the DOM using the ActiveXObject
I've succeeded in doing this on one machine. Which shouldn't becaus
I've checked for the ActiveXObject and it doesn't exsist.

When I try to load the documents on other machines I get the followin
error
message:

" 'ActiveXObject' is undefinded"

All of the machines are using ie6 which should come with th
ActiveXObject i
f I'm not mistaken.

I have also tried the following:

xmlObject = document.implementation.createDocument('', 'doc', null);
xmlObject.async = "false";
xmlObject.load("test.xml);

which displays the following errors:

Not Implemented

or

Wrong number of parameters, 3 expected

I am well confused with this problem and would be much appreciated o
any he
lp that could be given.

Thank

-
Noma

Dominic Myers

Top-posting okay?
I'm guessing you're using the Microsoft XML parser, MSXML? I don't know that
that comes as standard with IE? I've played with this a bit on my site at:
http://camshag.co.uk/svg/NHSTrust/index.html
Don't know if that might help, the scripts should be accessable and there
are some cool tutorials on using available too (try googling for "MSXML
tutorial").
Cheers,
Dom