Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > how to include another XML document with XSLT?

how to include another XML document with XSLT?

Rosa

hallo!

it must be very easy, but I don't get the function document (explained
in http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-xslt-19991116#document) to work. I'm
parsing an XML document with XSLT to write a text document and need to
'input' extern xml files. The name of the externs file comes as
attributes in of certain in the main XML file.

Could somebody send me an example or an web-address with more
explanations?

Thanks,

Rosa

Peter Flynn

Rosa wrote:

> hallo!
>
> it must be very easy, but I don't get the function document (explained
> in http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-xslt-19991116#document) to work. I'm
> parsing an XML document with XSLT to write a text document and need to
> 'input' extern xml files. The name of the externs file comes as
> attributes in of certain in the main XML file.
>
> Could somebody send me an example or an web-address with more
> explanations?

<xsl:variable name="somedata"
select="document('somefile.xml')/foo/bar/blort"/>

///Peter