Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > Is this possible to do with XML?

Is this possible to do with XML?

leke

A General Question.
Can someone point me towards a really fundamantal introduction to XM
as I am still not quit sure of its capabilities after reading a few we
pages I searched for. I already know a fair whack about HTML and th
internet.

A Specific Question.
I wanted to build a simple web page that allowed my teacher to edit th
text content on her web page via a HTML Form. I was originally going t
do it like the HTML Form > CGI > some script on my server method.
Is this possible to do with XML without having to write a separat
script to process data in another scripting language
-
lek

Igor Podolskiy

Hi,

[0] http://www.w3schools.com/

> A Specific Question.
> I wanted to build a simple web page that allowed my teacher to edit the
> text content on her web page via a HTML Form. I was originally going to
> do it like the HTML Form > CGI > some script on my server method.
> Is this possible to do with XML without having to write a separate
> script to process data in another scripting language?

XML == eXtensible *Markup* Language. XML itself is for exchanging,
representing and saving structured data, not for processing (though some
XML-related technologies like XSLT would allow you to do some basic jobs
on processing). It depends on your task whether XML and XML-related
things would be enough for you. Just read [0]. You'll see

HTH, Igor.

Peter Flynn

The XML FAQ is at http://www.ucc.ie/xml

> A Specific Question.
> I wanted to build a simple web page that allowed my teacher to edit the
> text content on her web page via a HTML Form. I was originally going to
> do it like the HTML Form > CGI > some script on my server method.
> Is this possible to do with XML without having to write a separate
> script to process data in another scripting language?

No. XML is a markup language for identifying structured information. It
is not a programming language.

///Peter

leke

Thanks, those links were very useful