Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > How to get SOH Character into XML

How to get SOH Character into XML

homer

I need to get the SOH (Start of Heading character into my XML hex code
01). Anyone know how to do this.

Thanks

Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz

In <(E-Mail Removed) >, on 07/07/2004
at 11:04 AM, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (homer) said:

>I need to get the SOH (Start of Heading character into my XML hex
>code 01). Anyone know how to do this.

What's wrong with &1; and  or, where permitted, %1?

reply to (E-Mail Removed)

Martin Honnen

homer wrote:

> I need to get the SOH (Start of Heading character into my XML hex code
> 01). Anyone know how to do this.

I think you need XML version 1.1 which is a specification by now but
parser support is generally not there, but check
http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-xml11-20040204/
and the implementation report yourself
http://www.w3.org/XML/2002/09/xml11-implementation.html

--