Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > xsd:schema targetNamespace="nondomainstring" possible ?

xsd:schema targetNamespace="nondomainstring" possible ?

Markus Meckler

Somewhere (I don't remember where) that Is it possible to enter a simple string as namespace
in a xsd schema definiton. E.g.:

<xsd:schema targetNamespace="mydomainstring">

Is this true?

Marcus

Henry S. Thompson

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Markus Meckler) writes:

> Somewhere (I don't remember where) that Is it possible to enter a simple string as namespace
> in a xsd schema definiton. E.g.:
>
> <xsd:schema targetNamespace="mydomainstring">
>
> Is this true?

Yes. Although XML Namespaces deprecates the use of relative URIs
(which is what that is, technically), W3C XML Schema does not enforce
this. In practice virtually any string can be used as a namespace
name. Strictly speaking, it must be a syntactically valid URI or URI
reference, but that imposes only very modest constraint.

ht
Half-time member of W3C Team
Fax: (44) 131 650-4587, e-mail: (E-Mail Removed)

Cat

Priya Lakshminarayanan [MSFT]

Yes, the targetNamespace attribute is typed as xs:anyURI in the
SchemaForSchema, and hence it can contain any string that is allowed by the
lexical representation for xs:anyURI. xs:anyURI allows absolute as well as
relative uris.

Thanks,
Priya

news:cbn9mc$755$07$(E-Mail Removed)-online.com...