Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > Problem with mimetype?

Problem with mimetype?

Martin Honnen

GR33DY wrote:

> When I view my XML page using I.E.6 it displays fine from both my web
> server and when opened from windows explorer.
> But when I view it in mozilla 1.7, it displays fine from windows
> explorer, but when viewed via HTTP from the web server I get the
> following error;
>
> Error loading stylesheet: An XSLT stylesheet does not have an XML
> mimetype
>
> My server has the XML mimetype text/xml and I have tried configuring it
> with text/xsl as well to no avail.
>
> My XML page starts thus;
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
> <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="style.xsl"?>

Make sure the server serves style.xsl as text/xml or application/xml.
See the Mozilla XSLT FAQ at
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/xslt/faq.html
--

Martin Honnen
http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

GR33DY

Hello again, I can see myself becoming a regular feature at the top here

When I view my XML page using I.E.6 it displays fine from both my web
server and when opened from windows explorer.
But when I view it in mozilla 1.7, it displays fine from windows
explorer, but when viewed via HTTP from the web server I get the
following error;

Error loading stylesheet: An XSLT stylesheet does not have an XML mimetype

My server has the XML mimetype text/xml and I have tried configuring it
with text/xsl as well to no avail.

My XML page starts thus;

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="style.xsl"?>

And my XSLT page starts thus;

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<xsl:stylesheet xmlnssl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"
version="1.0">
<xslutput method="html" doctype-system="./board.dtd"/>

Is this a problem with my server (I have tried it on another) or with
the declarations?

Thanks in anticipation,

Tom.

GR33DY

Martin Honnen wrote:

> GR33DY wrote:
>

>> When I view my XML page using I.E.6 it displays fine from both my web
>> server and when opened from windows explorer.
>> But when I view it in mozilla 1.7, it displays fine from windows
>> explorer, but when viewed via HTTP from the web server I get the
>> following error;
>>
>> Error loading stylesheet: An XSLT stylesheet does not have an XML
>> mimetype
>>
>> My server has the XML mimetype text/xml and I have tried configuring
>> it with text/xsl as well to no avail.
>>
>> My XML page starts thus;
>>
>> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
>> <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="style.xsl"?>

> Make sure the server serves style.xsl as text/xml or application/xml.
> See the Mozilla XSLT FAQ at
> http://www.mozilla.org/projects/xslt/faq.html

D'oh!

I'd forgotten to add the xls extension to text/xlm.

Cheers

Tom

Rolf Magnus

GR33DY wrote:

> My server has the XML mimetype text/xml and I have tried configuring
> it with text/xsl as well to no avail.
>
> My XML page starts thus;
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
> <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="style.xsl"?>

text/xsl is not an official mimetype for xsl stylesheets. It's Microsoft
specific. Use text/xml or application/xml instead.