Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > XML RPC and SOAP

XML RPC and SOAP

RedHat_79

I am sorry if this messages is repeated, but I already posted one and
it's been around 16 hours but it hasn't appeared yet. If it does, then
please delete this one.

I was wondering, among other things, why do I often see people
claiming that SOAP adds more overhead compared to XML RPC? I thought
it was the other way around, especially because of the extra tags XML
RPC includes in method calls and structs?

Do any of these two implement callback mechanisms or do they make
asynchronous messaging possible?

Thank you.

Python script xml-rpc to C# xml-rpc script Ymtrader Python 1 03-15-2011 03:20 PM
rpc (not xml-rpc) Vladimir Konrad Ruby 5 09-03-2005 02:18 PM
XML RPC to ONC XDR RPC Pere Montolio XML 0 08-11-2004 08:47 AM
XML-RPC and SOAP:differences and general issues... RedHat_79 XML 0 05-29-2004 11:21 AM
XML-RPC, SOAP, and data persistence Mark Carter Python 8 10-15-2003 10:13 AM

Advertisments