Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > XSchema references, how does it actually work?

XSchema references, how does it actually work?

Karl

Hi!

I'm having trouble with referencing different schemas. I'm not sure how it's
supposed to work. When I work on the files, the
targetNamespace="www.test.com/schemas/test.xsd" does not exist for real. I
get error messages when I import the types to other schemas. If I change to
a relative path, it works fine. The problem is that I have to remember to
change all references when I wish to deploy the files. It's error phrone and
tedious to have to change it all the time. Is there any solutions to this
problem?

regards

Karl Z

Henry S. Thompson

Most of your problems have been addressed by Priscilla's input, but
note that neither "www.test.com/schemas/test.xsd" nor
"C:\vcs\Source\Import_export_formats\Schemas\Perso n.xsd" are usable
URLs -- you should use e.g.
"file:///C:/vcs/Source/Import_export_formats/Schemas/Person.xsd"

ht
Half-time member of W3C Team
Fax: (44) 131 650-4587, e-mail: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

Karl

I tried that, but it gives me the same error in the schema file "No content
model available for validation (possible empty DTD/Schema)", when I try to
save the xml file referencing the schema file.

"Henry S. Thompson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Most of your problems have been addressed by Priscilla's input, but
> note that neither "www.test.com/schemas/test.xsd" nor
> "C:\vcs\Source\Import_export_formats\Schemas\Perso n.xsd" are usable
> URLs -- you should use e.g.
> "file:///C:/vcs/Source/Import_export_formats/Schemas/Person.xsd"
>
> ht
> --
> Henry S. Thompson, HCRC Language Technology Group, University of

Edinburgh
> Half-time member of W3C Team
> 2 Buccleuch Place, Edinburgh EH8 9LW, SCOTLAND -- (44) 131 650-4440
> Fax: (44) 131 650-4587, e-mail: (E-Mail Removed)
> [mail really from me _always_ has this .sig -- mail without it is forged

spam]

Karl

I tried that, but it gives me the same error in the schema file "No content
model available for validation (possible empty DTD/Schema)", when I try to
save the xml file referencing the schema file.

"Henry S. Thompson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Most of your problems have been addressed by Priscilla's input, but
> note that neither "www.test.com/schemas/test.xsd" nor
> "C:\vcs\Source\Import_export_formats\Schemas\Perso n.xsd" are usable
> URLs -- you should use e.g.
> "file:///C:/vcs/Source/Import_export_formats/Schemas/Person.xsd"
>
> ht
> --
> Henry S. Thompson, HCRC Language Technology Group, University of

Edinburgh
> Half-time member of W3C Team
> 2 Buccleuch Place, Edinburgh EH8 9LW, SCOTLAND -- (44) 131 650-4440
> Fax: (44) 131 650-4587, e-mail: (E-Mail Removed)
> [mail really from me _always_ has this .sig -- mail without it is forged

spam]

XSchema Problem with xs:any Tjerk Wolterink XML 2 10-27-2005 05:49 PM
XInclude and XSchema Tjerk Wolterink XML 9 10-13-2005 02:55 PM
xschema: problem Tjerk Wolterink XML 0 09-01-2005 06:10 PM
XSchema: help Tjerk Wolterink XML 1 09-01-2005 04:37 PM
Extension of a tag in XSchema using an XHTML type. Binesh Bannerjee XML 3 11-27-2004 04:27 PM

Advertisments