Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > XSLT: Output of character references

XSLT: Output of character references

Markus Wiedenmaier

Hi,

I have an xml like this simplified sample:

<root>
<a u=0105/>
</root>

I want to transform this xml to html and want to put out the glyph of
unicode character 0105(hex).

I tried this:

<xsl:template match="a">
<xsl:text>&#x</xsl:text>
<xsl:value-of select="@u"/>
<xsl:text>;</xsl:text>
</xsl:template>

This occurs an error! Is it possible to do this?
Has someone an idea?

Thanks for your help
Bye
Markus

Markus Wiedenmaier

Great!Thanks for your fast help.
Bye
Markus
"Janwillem Borleffs" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:40addd53$0$67512$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Markus Wiedenmaier wrote:
> > I want to transform this xml to html and want to put out the glyph of
> > unicode character 0105(hex).
> >
> > I tried this:
> >
> > <xsl:template match="a">
> > <xsl:text>&#x</xsl:text>
> > <xsl:value-of select="@u"/>
> > <xsl:text>;</xsl:text>
> > </xsl:template>
> >
> > This occurs an error! Is it possible to do this?
> > Has someone an idea?
> >

> Try this:
>
> <xsl:template match="a">
> <xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">&amp;#x</xsl:text>
> <xsl:value-of select="@u"/>
> <xsl:text>;</xsl:text>
> </xsl:template>
>

> JW