Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > docbook xml schema

docbook xml schema

Nick Ager

I'm experimenting with MS Word 2003 XML features as a DocBook editor.
Word only appears to support XML schemas so I'm using an XML schema
version of the DocBook DTD. It appears to be working reasonably well
apart from adding an xmlns attribute to my outer article element as:

<article xmlns="sdocbook">

When I try transforming the document using docbook-xsl-1.65.1 I get
the error: "No template matches article". Removing the xmlns attribute
fixes the error. Word adds the xmlns attribute automatically.

Any thoughts about how I can parse the document with the xmlns
attribute. I guess I could hack the xsl, but thought there must be an
easier method

Thanks in advance

Nick