Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > transform HTML form data to XML string

transform HTML form data to XML string

Matt

I have a html form, and I want to transform html form data to xml
string. Given XSD (xml schema), how to transform the form data to xml
string?

Martin Honnen

Matt wrote:

> I have a html form, and I want to transform html form data to xml
> string. Given XSD (xml schema), how to transform the form data to xml
> string?

Where do you want to process the HTML form data, on the client or on the
server?
With client side JavaScript you can loop through the elements in a form
and collect the data and build an XML string.
On the server languages/environments like PHP, ASP, JSP all allow you to
process form data and have (different levels of) XML support that should
allow you to create an XML document string.
--

Martin Honnen
http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/