Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > Netscape 7, xsl, js problem

Netscape 7, xsl, js problem

Pavel

Greetings to all -

I've noticed that my xsl transformation does not work in Netscape 7.
It worked fine in Netscape 6.1, or if html file is generated using
xalan (and it works in IE 5, not that it's important

If I load my xml file in Netscape 7 it goes into the load loop and
never comes out of it. I've been able to localize the problem. It's
related to the document.write() JS call inside the template. If I
would comment out the JS call then everything works fine.

Here is the stylesheet file called test.xsl with relevant code in it:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
<xslutput method="html" indent="yes" />

<xsl:template match="/">
<head>
<title>Test</title>
</head>

<script language="JavaScript">
document.write(document.lastModified);
</script>

</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

Any xml file will do but here is the one that I've used:
--cut--
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="test.xsl"?>

<test>
</test>
--cut--

Any idea why it does not work with this JS call in Netscape 7 ?
Thanks
Pavel

Martin Honnen

Pavel wrote:

> If I load my xml file in Netscape 7 it goes into the load loop and
> never comes out of it. I've been able to localize the problem. It's
> related to the document.write() JS call inside the template. If I
> would comment out the JS call then everything works fine.

Netscape doesn't support the use of document.write in the result
document of an XSLT transformation, see issue 4. in the faq
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/xslt/faq.html
--

Martin Honnen
http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/