Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > Namespace declarations appearing in output.

Namespace declarations appearing in output.

Mads Orbesen Troest

Hi,

If I have an XSLT sheet transforming elemens from the "myns" namespace
into xhtml, the "myns" namespace is declared automatically in the
output xhtml, even if not used. I can't seem to figure out why and how
to get rid of it.

The top of my XSLT file:
<xsl:stylesheet
xmlnssl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" version="1.0"
xmlns:myns="http://myns.org"

<xslutput
method="xml"
version="1.0"
encoding="UTF-8"
indent="yes"
doctype-public="-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"

doctype-system="http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"
/>

The generated xhtml file is fine except I'd like to get rid of that
myns-declaration:

How do I do that?

Thanks in advance,
/\/\\ads Orbesen Troest